The CCA (Cloud Connect Advanced) is an integral part of Tigo's Flex MLPE and Energy Intelligence platforms. It is a highly developed system management tool that logs data and performs commands through network-connected (cloud-based) interactions.
As you can see, the CCA's compact form factor offers no buttons or screen. Tigo's EI App is used to connect to the CCA for setup and maintenance functions, like Network Connection and Testing.
Because you will need to be near the CCA (in order to connect), a site visit is required. Once you have located the CCA onsite you must connect the Tigo EI App (on your phone / tablet) to the CCA via its broadcasted virtual temporary address. This can be accomplished through your device's Bluetooth (or WiFi).
Important: The CCA only broadcasts its virtual temporary address for a duration of 2 hours, so you may need to restart the CCA (unplug, or flip its circuit breaker). Once it powers back on, it will be transmitting its virtual temporary addresses, again.
To connect your phone/tablet to your CCA, perform these steps:
1. Restart the CCA (initiate's the temporary virtual address broadcast).
2. Within your phone/tablet settings, activate your chosen method (Bluetooth or WiFi). Bluetooth is most common.
3. Sign into the Tigo EI App, and select the system (if there are multiple systems in account).
Note: If you do not have the Tigo EI App you must install it from the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android). For full installation instructions, see Install Tigo Energy Intelligence (EI) App.
4. Choose the Settings icon (lower right corner of System Page) to proceed to My System.
5. Press Configure Communication on the My System page.
6. Select the chosen method (Bluetooth or WiFi) at top of screen. Enable Local Permissions (if you see the warning)
7. Select the CCA address that you want to connect to. If you do not see a serial number, Pull down to refresh.
8. When connected, the CCA address will show in purple banner (at the top). Choose the option that you wish to proceed in.
Once you have connected, you can choose any of these maintenance functions:
- Network Test
- Change Network
- TAP Test
- Configure Gateway
- Configure Meter