A Static IP may be desirable for certain network functionality or security needs. The network administrator for the system is responsible for these settings. If they have requested a Static IP, follow the steps (below) to set one up for the CCA.
Note: A Static IP address is only available for CCAs that are connected via an Ethernet cable. Static IP is not possible for a WiFi Access Point connection.
Before accessing the network configuration, make sure that the CCA is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable, and the phone/device is connected to the CCA. Then, follow these directions:
- Find and select the desired system on the Installations page
- Press Edit on pop-up panel (bottom)
- Choose Configure Communication
- Choose Internet Settings
- Select the desired CCA in the list to go to it's Configure page
- Press ETHERNET (upper right)
- Select Manual
- Enter the desired Static IP information and press JOIN (bottom right)
- Confirm that Checkmark appears on Manual line, and press DONE (bottom)
Note: The Static IP information is specific to the network and the security settings. This information must be provided by the network's administrator.
If you have issues connecting to the network, verify that the information supplied (IP, Subnet, Gateway, DNS1, and DNS2) are correct and the network router is operational. This can be accomplished by connecting another Ethernet device (like a laptop, etc) to the router's Ethernet port.
For an overview of common network issues (including how to run a network test), please visit
Having a hard time? Contact our highly trained and helpful Technical Support Team today!