Create and Edit System - Using EI Portal (Desktop)
This article provides instructions on how to Create and Edit a System, using the Tigo EI Portal (on a desktop/laptop computer), before commissioning a Tigo TS4 system in the field. This method is recommended for larger systems, because it allows you to take full advantage of the larger screen and robust tools offered online. If you are installing a small system, you may review our article on how to Create and Edit a System - Using EI App (mobile).
- Watch Setup and Monitor (video)
- Create New System
- Create Equipment List
- Create System Layout
- Using Tool Bar
- Add Serial Numbers
1. Watch Setup and Monitor Video
The video below walks you through the process of creating and editing a Tigo system using the Tigo Energy Intelligence (EI) Portal.
Note: Tigo has renamed the SMART Site portal to ei.tigoenergy.com.
2. Create New System
- Login to your account at http://ei.tigoenergy.com (or register for a new account)
- Click + New System.
- Complete the Details and Address section
- Click the Create button.
- Select Edit > Introduction, and watch the informational videos:
- Click Edit > Site Info to correct any basic information
- Click Edit > Access to grant access to a new System Owner or Coworker
3. Create Equipment List
First Add Cloud Connect Advanced (CCA)
- Click Edit > Equipment
- Click the + EQUIPMENT button (top right corner)
- Select Cloud Connect Advanced
Fill out the Cloud Connect Advanced information:
- Name the Cloud Connect Advanced (CCA)
- Input CCA Serial Number
- Define the number of TAPs (Tigo Access Points) wired to CCA
- Click the Add CCA button
Add the Inverters & PV Modules
- Click the + EQUIPMENT button
- Select Inverters & PV Modules
Fill out the Inverter information:
- Enter a unique Inverter Name
- Select Manufacturer and Model
- Select Number of Maximum Power Point Trackers (MPPTs)
- Click Add PV Modules
Fill out the PV Module information:
- Add PV Module Manufacturer and Model
- Select Number of Strings
- Associate MPPT with correct String Label
- Click Done
CANNOT FIND THE MANUFACTURER OR MODEL OF INVERTER OR PV MODULE?
Tip: The EI Portal gives you the ability to input brand new manufacturers and models into the list of options. To do this, scroll to the bottom of the Equipment list(s), and the last option will be:
+ Add Inverter (or PV Module) Manufacture or Model
Select this option and you will be led to a quick questionnaire regarding the details of the new entry:
This new equipment item will be private to this system (only), until it has been verified by Tigo Staff.
After you have completed the Equipment List, proceed to the Create System Layout section.
4. Create System Layout
Easy method: Use Autoplace tool (upper right), to place all of your components in a non-specific layout. Then, you can use the Toolbar (above Grid), to move them at a later time:
- Select Edit > Layout (left)
- Click the Grid Icon (upper right)
- Click Autoplace to autoplace components on Grid
For more in depth placement, you can set your components on the Grid, one at a time:
- Choose CCAs on Place Components list (right)
- Click anywhere on the grid to place your CCA
- Choose Inverters on the Place Components list (right)
- Click anywhere on the grid to place your Inverter
- Choose PV Modules on the Place Components list (right)
- Click anywhere on the grid to place your first PV Module
- Continue clicking on grid, until all PV Modules have been placed
For quicker placement:
- Click and drag the cursor across the grid
- Click the cursor again, to release
5. Using Tool Bar
The top of the layout page has several tools that can be used to improve the look and placement of the system components.
Primary Tool Pallet
|Save||Saves new changes to the Cloud and updates the CCA|
|Select||Choose Select to click objects and drag objects|
|Move (Ctrl-M)||Select to move entire grid and objects at once|
|Undo (Ctrl-Z)||Click to undo move|
|Snap||Aligns object to the nearest grid point (when moving)|
|Grid||Turns background grid off or on|
|Fullscreen||Expands page to fill screen (pre Esc to exit Fullscreen)|
|Line (Ctrl-L)||Click to draw simple lines on grid|
Select to drop a text field on the grid
Secondary Tool Pallet
(appears, after you have placed object on the grid)
|Edit Panel Type||Choose a secondary PV Module type (for mixed systems)|
|Set Rotation||Allows you to rotate objects or groups of objects|
|Vertical Alignment||All selected objects align vertically|
|All selected objects align horizontally|
|Vertical Spacing||Equally space all selected objects vertically|
|Horizontal Spacing||Equally space all selected objects horizontally|
|Unplace Group||Delete (trash) selected objects|
6. Add Serial Numbers
After you have completed the layout, the serial numbers of the Tigo MLPEs must be added in their correct locations. This is where your paper barcode map comes in handy as it represents the physical arrangement of the modules in your system.
There are a few ways to add the serials.
1. Manual Method: Type the serial numbers directly into the layout
At any point in the process, you can enter or update the serial number of individual Tigo MLPE's by manually selecting them and typing in the new serial number.
- Go to Edit > Layout (left)
- Click the Serial tab (upper right)
- Select Scan button (right)
- Click the PV Module you would like to edit
- Type the serial number into the dialog box
There is no need to save or hit enter. The Layout Page will automatically select the next available PV Module and your changes are automatically saved to the Tigo cloud.
2. Quick Method: Type serial numbers in a spreadsheet and upload
First, download the spreadsheet template (in spreadsheet or CSV file).
- Choose Upload Serials (left)
- Click the format selector (xls or CSV)
- Select the Arrow Icon in the pop-up menu to download
Once the download is complete, open the file to edit. Then, type the Serial Numbers into the Barcode column (manually), making sure that the serial numbers are located in their correct respective locations (A1, A2, etc).
3. Fastest Method: Use a scanner to enter serial numbers into a spreadsheet and upload
- Download spreadsheet (from Quick Method, above)
- Use any aftermarket scanner to scan the serial numbers into the spreadsheet
When you are done entering your serial numbers into the spreadsheet, Save the document and use the Upload function to automatically update all of the serials in your PV array.
- Choose Upload Serials (left)
- Click Choose File
- Find file on computer and Open
- Select the Close Button when it has completed uploading
After uploading or changing a serial number, the Tigo Website will automatically update the Cloud (no extra "save" step).
When on-site, continue to configure communication (network and start discovery):