If you have changed your WiFi network name or password, you will need to change the Wi-Fi settings on your CCA. Otherwise, your CCA will not be able to use your Internet to upload the monitoring data to see how your Tigo optimizers and your system is producing power.
Note: In order to set your password, use the Tigo SMART App (phone application, and you need to be with 10 feet of the CCA to connect to it using Bluetooth (recommended), or 25 feet for Wi-Fi connection from your phone
1. Start the Tigo SMART phone App and log in to your view your system.
2. If you have more than 1 system, select the system for which you need to change the Wi-Fi configuration on the CCA.
3. Tap on "Settings," icon in the lower right corner of the page shown in the screen shot, below:
4. Tap on "Cloud Connect Settings." as shown in the below screen capture:
5. Connect your phone to the CCA device using either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth (preferred).
Note 1: The preferred method of phone connection is by using your phones Bluetooth wireless technology. However, in case your CCA does not have it's Bluetooth dongle device installed, use the CCA Wi-Fi name.
Note 2: If you do not see either the CCA's Bluetooth name, or CCA Wi-Fi name, it has been 2 or more hours since the CCA was powered on.
To get the CC/CCA names to be broadcast again: power off the CCA, wait 5 seconds, then power it on.
To remove power, unplug the AC power outlet power supply. If the CCA is installed inside your inverter, or uses a direct wired power supply (DIN rail mounted unit), you need to turn of the inverter to power off the CCA by using the circuit breaker in the electrical panel dedicated to your inverter. After reconnecting power to the CCA, wait at least 1 minute for CCA to boot up its software. Then quit the phone application, and restart at step 1.
6. Tap either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi buttons shown at the top of the following screenshot.
7. After waiting a minute or two, a list of device names that your phone can receive is shown as in the screenshot below. CCA Bluetooth devices names start with "CCA" followed by a "-" and 4 numbers or letters. These are the last 4 digits of the CCA serial number as shown on the CCA serial number sticker. CCA Wi-Fi device names start with "SM-" followed by the CCA serial number (no screen shot in this article).
8. Tap on CCA name listed such as "CCA-797F", and a green check mark will appear along with the Next button turning green.
9. Tap on the "Next" at the bottom of the below screenshot.
10. Tap on "Network" text, as shown in below screenshot:
The CCA will now scan for all Wi-Fi router names receivable by the CCA, and show their names. This scan for Wi-Fi routers can take a couple of minutes.
11. Once the name of your Wi-Fi router is visible, tap on it to enter the Wi-Fi password.
12. After entering the password, tap on the exclamation mark (!) next to the Wi-Fi name, then tap on "Run Network Test." This will verify that the CCA is properly connected to the Internet and thus be able to transmit data to Tigo servers.
13. Once Run Network Test passes, you can exit the Tigo SMART app.
Note 5: Depending on how long the CCA has been disconnected from the Internet and the number of modules in the system, it may be 60 minutes or longer for all previously logged data to upload to Tigo servers, and then be displayed on the Tigo monitoring portal web page for your system.
Note 6: If you CCA has been disconnected from the Internet for to long, some days of data will not be available and the System View, along with date selection Calendar will show a gray icon with Power and Energy as zero
Customer Support for your region can be contacted as indicated by this webpage: https://www.tigoenergy.com/contacts/.