This article will show you how to connect and monitor your GoodWe inverter with a Tigo Cloud Connect, Cloud Connect Advanced or an inverter integrated CCA.
Connect the Tigo datalogger (Cloud Connect, Cloud Connect Advanced or integrated CCA Unit) to the GoodWe inverter's RS485 interface in order to monitor your inverter data from the Tigo Asset Management software.
Several inverters can be served by one datalogger. These inverters will be daisy-chained to the RS-485 serial port, so can be other Modbus devices, In the case of an integrated CCA in an inverter, the other inverters are daisy-chained to this first inverter's RS-485 interface.
Once inverters are connected, setting up the inverter monitoring is the next step.
GoodWe inverters with an integrated Tigo CCA are equipped with two serial ports:
- RS-485: Inverters and other Modbus devices (revenue grade meters, weather stations, sensors, etc.)
- Tigo-CCA: TAPs or Gateways
Here is a step by step guide on how to display your inverter data on the Tigo SMART monitoring portal and mobile app. You will need both your smartphone and a computer to complete this process.
Before starting this step, you will need to have created a system on the Tigo monitoring portal. If you have not done this yet, use the Tigo installation and safety manual to get started, or learn how to use the app to commission your system here.
Part 1: Turn on inverter monitoring using the Tigo SMART App
- Navigate to your system in the Tigo SMART app, and tap ‘Settings’
- Then tap ‘Edit System’
Set up Equipment
- Go to ‘Select Equipment’
- Tap 'Details' below where your inverter(s) and modules are listed
- Tap 'Edit' at the bottom of the 'Details' screen
Turn on Inverter Monitoring
- Toggle the 'Monitoring' switch on, so that the circle turns from grey to green.
- Tap ‘Save’
- Repeat as needed if you are using multiple inverters
Part 2: Set up your inverter data
- Once you've completed the previous steps, login to your account on smart.tigoenergy.com and open the same system you just worked on. You can find it by searching for its five-digit system ID.
- Click on 'Edit System' in the left side menu.
- Click 'Layout'
- Click 'Add Meters/Sensors' in the right side menu. This will allow you to place inverter monitoring icons, to display the information of your choice.
- Once 'Add Meters/Sensors' is highlighted green as shown above, click anywhere on your layout to add inverter data.
- You will see a pop-up which will ask what data type you want to read from your inverter.
- From here, you can select any information that suits your needs. The 'Available Registers' drop down menu will allow you to pick what data you want displayed.
- To monitor your system's lifetime production, in the 'Available Registers' drop down, select 'ETotalGridFeed'.
- Then select 'Production Energy Meter', since that is the data type of the information you want to display.
- Click 'Add'
- If you make a mistake, you can click on your meter to edit its information as needed.
- Add as many meters as you like.
- For example, 'EnergyYieldDay' will display your system's AC production for the day, and you can also add information like string voltages or currents.
- Make sure to 'Save' your work when you are done.
You are now able to view your inverter data on your 'System View' page via the Tigo SMART app and website!
If you have problems connecting or registering an inverter, contact Tigo Technical Support.
You can contact Tigo Technical Support via email email@example.com or via phone:
Americas: +1.408.402.0802 ext. 4