This article describes, step-by-step, how to change an MLPE serial number.
When a Tigo unit (maximizer, optimizer, other Tigo MLPE types) - or data logger (MMU, CC, or CCA) is replaced, its serial number needs to be changed to the new value.
There are 2 methods available - both are describe below:
- Tigo SMART Website
- Tigo SMART Mobile App.
Use of the Tigo SMART Website method
1) Log in to the Tigo Smart Website, then select the system to change.
2) Click Edit System
Note, must be logged in as a systems Installer on the system to see Edit System in menu item.
If you don't see Edit System, the Tigo account is a System Owner type user. To change serial numbers, you must be an Installer type user - contact the Installer of your system, or send an email to Support The email must Include the System ID or System Name and street address, include which PV module and optimizer serial number, current and new values, to be changed.
NOTE: System ID is shown at the end of the URL displayed in your browser such as this URL which shows sysid=41780: https://smart.tigoenergy.com/build/system/layout?sysid=41780
The screen-shot, below, shows the Edit System page link button, it is to the left of the Red Arrow.
After clicking Edit System, the page viewed changes to the Site Info page, shown below. It displays Details regarding the system: Name, System ID, External ID, etc.
3) Left Click Layout, in the left side menu as shown to the left of Red Arrow:
Layout page, below, shows a page with the PV Module/solar-panel symbols Physical Layout (position on roof).
4) Click Add Serials, to the right of the Red Arrow, which enable serial number changes/editing, also adding serials never before entered in case of New system or adding PV modules and Icons.
Edit Serials page, (below) is till titled as Layout - but with Add Serials menu button now displayed in green. The panel icons are now green to indicate they can be Edited..
5) Click on the panel Icon to be Edited
As shown below, a new small window with the panel current serial number value is displayed. The red X deletes the serial number.
6) Enter new serial number:
Current serial is pre-selected, just type over it.
- After entering a serial number, a check for validity is performed.
- There is no need to 'Save'. The new serial is immediately saved and sent to the data-logger.
- New serial reported values: will take up to 60 minutes to show as reporting on the System View page.assuming sun is falling on the solar panel.
Use of the Tigo SMART App method
From the Home Page, go to "Settings"
Then tap on "Edit System"
Then tap on "Configure Layout".
Now tap on "Register".
Now tap on the module that needs a new barcode.
The module highlights and the input field appears at the bottom.
You can now input the bar code by hand, or tap on "Scan" to scan the bar code using your the camera in your mobile device.
Tap 'Save'. Go back to the home page of the app and you are finished.
Once this is done, if everything is correct, the new unit should show up within an hour if there is daylight on the solar panels.