An installer or system designer can add new PV modules to a system by string, or by PV modules (if they are substituting a different brand or model). These changes can be made, within the online portal, or the Tigo EI App.
Add New PV Modules by String:
Adding new strings requires modification to the actual design of the system, because the string (and it's associated PV Modules) must be added to the Equipment List, prior to placement on the System Layout. This process requires an Installer Level Account.
Adding Strings through the Online Portal:
Once you have Signed into to the Tigo EI Portal and selected the desired system.
Go to Edit > Equipment (left column)
Click the Edit button under Inverters, Strings & PV Modules
On the popup window, select Edit PV Modules
Click the Add String button and input the information
Click the Add button (bottom right) to save
If the Module manufacturer or model is not available in the list, simply scroll to the bottom and select +Add New PV Module, and enter the information from the PV module data sheet.
Adding through the Tigo EI App:
Once you have Downloaded, Installed and Signed into the Tigo EI App, selelct the desired system and follow these directions.
- Press the Settings icon (lower right)
- Press Edit System
- Press Select Equipment
- Select the VIEW DETAILS button in the Inverters section
- Press the EDIT button (bottom)
- Scroll to the bottom and press the ADD STRING button
- Select the Manufacturer, Model and PV Modules count
- If the Module manufacturer or model is not available in the list, press the + button (top right) and enter the information from the PV module data sheet.
- Press the Save button (bottom)
Change existing PV module to a different brand/model:
If a PV Module requires replacement, the original brand, make or model may no longer be available for purchase. Since changes to an existing system can sometimes force the inclusion of different panel types, the option to change an individual PV Module's Manufacturer and/or Model is available within the online Tigo Portal.
Note: At this time, there is no access to individual panels, found within the Tigo EI App.
Change existing PV Module through the Online Portal:
- Sign in to the Tigo EI Portal and select your system
- Go to Edit > Layout
- Use the Arrow tool to select the PV module
- Select the Edit Panel Type tool.
- Choose a new panel type and Update.