Cloud Connect Advanced
PV Systems equipped with one or more Tigo Cloud Connect Advanced (CCA) units can initiate module level disconnect (PV-OFF command) via an external shutdown button (External Push Button, "mushroom" button).
Note that this external button feature is only available when using our DIN Rail mounted, hardwired to a branch circuit in a service-panel, power supply option. It is NOT supported with the plug-in AC outlet power supply.
The DIN rail mounted direct-wired power supply shown below the CCA:
Note: Cloud Connect / CCA must have software version higher than 2.8.5 to support this feature. Email email@example.com with system ID or street address if the button does not work (PV modules are not disconnecting from strings) after being wired to CCA and the switch is in the closed position (activated).
The button is an off-the-shelf button, not provided by Tigo, that has these 2 parameters:
- Operation mode: Normally Open (NO) button
- Note, NO or NC operation can usually be configured by jumpers internal to the switch housing.
- Latching mechanism: the selected button must have a latching mechanism (twist to release, lock with key, etc.)
Wiring diagram and instructions.
Initiating module level disconnect is performed by pushing and latching the button. Any TS4 module associated with the CCA and capable of disconnect will shut down and result in 0W and 0V at the TS4 output.
The TS4 models capable of module level disconnect are: TS4-S, TS4-R-S, TS4-O, TS4-R-O, and TS4-L.
Power production will resume upon releasing the button by unlatching it (according to the selected button's mechanism).
Figure 1: connection of multiple CCAs to a single PV-OFF button
Up to 5 CCA units and a shut-off button may be connected together in parallel. Be sure to wire the grounds together, and the signal switch wires together, as shown in the diagram above. No outside-source voltage should be placed on the AUX port, the ground of the system should be connected to the DC power line, and the left-hand pin should read close to 3V.
When wiring multiple CCAs to the mushroom button, make sure that the maximum distance between the shut-off button and first CCA is up to 100 meters, and to maintain the maximum distance of up to 100 meters between the following Cloud Connect Advanced units.
Note that this external button works only when using our DIN Rail power supply option, and is NOT supported with the socket (outlet plug) power supply option.
UL certified buttons:
- Idec - HW1X-BY402-R
- Goele - LA115-A5 Push button
- 1688 - A22-RP-SW/K10, K01, K11
1. During the installation of any mushroom buttons, please follow the same safety precautions as if dealing with a system that is powered on.
2. Prior to servicing your system, please use a volt meter to make sure that neither voltage nor current are present and flowing through the PV array after having pushed the installed external shutdown button.
3. External mushroom buttons are a convenient way to disconnect a system, but are not NEC 690.12 2014 or 2017 compliant; please always follow NEC required procedures to provide the appropriate means of disconnection and signage to emergency personnel.
How to Wire Multiple Cloud Connects to a single Shut-off Button
PV Systems equipped with one or more Tigo Cloud Connect can initiate module level shutdown via an external "mushroom" shut-off button. The button can be any off the shelf Normally Open (NO) button. However, for a shutoff button to work on systems with multiple Cloud Connects, each Cloud Connect must be connected to the shutoff button on its own individual circuit/relay.
Cloud Connects must be wired separately to a mushroom button on separate circuits. DO NOT wire cloud connects in a daisy-chain/in series to a single shutoff button.
In order to turn a system's modules back on after a shutdown from a shutoff button, first return the button to its original position, and then use the Cloud Connect LCD screen to navigate to "2.2 Modules ON" to re-activate the system.
Refer to the following article for more information on Cloud Connect LCD interface options: https://support.tigoenergy.com/hc/en-us/articles/208746708-Cloud-Connect-MMU-Menu-Reference