The Cloud Connect (CC) is Tigo's second generation of System Management devices (or Data Loggers). This product is no longer in production and may no longer be eligible for RMA replacement under Tigo's Limited Warranty.
Below are some of the physical features of the legacy Tigo Cloud Connect Data Logger.
For a full menu of button commands, please go to: Cloud Connect/MMU Menu Reference
Power Supply Adapter:
Due to their age, these units are no longer considered eligible for warranty coverage, but there are inexpensive replacement adapters available.
The original Cloud Connect shipped with a DIN-Rail Power Supply. However, it can also be replaced with a standard AC Wall Plug adapter.
- DIN-Rail - Mean Well 24VDC DIN-Rail Power Supply
- Wall Plug - Mean Well - Switching Power Supply
Any replacement PS should have a specifications label that looks like this:
AC Adapter / Switching Power Supply
If you purchase a Wall Plug Adapter, simply cut the barrel tip off and strip the wire ends so that -/+ ends can be wired directly to the terminal posts on the Cloud Connect.
Instructions on how to replace the PS on a legacy Cloud Connect Kit:
In many cases, the Cloud Connect was installed in a Kit that included a mounting box. This box has specific safety and weather resistant features that will need to be considered when replacing a power supply.
1. Open Cover:
- Insert a flathead screwdriver into slot (at the base of the cover)
- Rotate the counter-clockwise 90 degrees to unlock
- Press Thumb Bar upward, and pull forward to swing cover open
2. Access the power supply cable as follows:
- Pop the Terminal cover off, to access the screw terminals inside
- Unscrew the Power Supply Adapter leads from the Negative and Positive terminals
3. Remove the cable by feeding it through the cable gland on the bottom of the enclosure:
- Remove gland cap on bottom of box by rotating counter-clockwise
- Push power supply cable through gland opening
The aperture of the gland may be too stiff to remove the old cable (or insert the replacement PS). It is advised to expand the aperture with screwdriver or similar tool. This is easy to do and will not damage the unit or the cable.
4. Install the new replacement PS cable: