The MMU (Maximizer Management Unit) is Tigo's first model of System Management devices (or Data Loggers). This product is no longer in production and may no longer be eligible for RMA replacement under Tigo's Limited Warranty.
Below are some of the physical features of the legacy Tigo MMU Data Logger.
For a full menu of button commands, see Cloud Connect/MMU Menu Reference.
Power Supply Adapter:
The original Tigo Maximizer Management Unit (MMU) shipped with a Wall Plug adapter. These units are no longer considered eligible for warranty coverage, but there are inexpensive replacement adapters available. Tigo recommends the Mean Well - Switching Power Supply.
Any replacement PS should have a specifications label that looks like this:
AC Adapter / Switching Power Supply
I.T.E. (Information Technology Equipment) rated
Output: 24 VDC 1 Amp
Outer/inner diameter: 5.5 mm / 2.1 mm
Instructions on how to replace the PS on a legacy MMU:
1. Open Cover:
- Insert a flathead screwdriver into the slot (at the base of the cover)
- Rotate the counter-clockwise 90 degrees to unlock
- Press Thumb Bar upward, and pull forward to swing the cover open
2. Access the barrel plug power supply as follows:
- Using a Phillips screwdriver unscrew and remove Access Panel on the lower face of MMU
- Pull Barrel plug power supply (down) from the connector on the left side of the board
3. Remove the cable by feeding it through the cable gland on the bottom of the enclosure:
- Remove gland cap by rotating counter-clockwise
- Push barrel plug power supply through gland opening
The aperture of the gland may be too stiff to remove the old cable (or insert the replacement PS). It is advised to expand the aperture with screwdriver or similar tool. This is easy to do and will not damage the unit, or the cable.
4. Install the new replacement PS cable: