A battery module must be stored between –20 °C and 50 °C and must be recharged at least once a year. If stored above 30 °C, recharge it every six months.
- Storage duration starts from the latest charge date labeled on the battery package. Update the charge date on the package after a recharge.
- The total storage duration may not exceed the warranty period.
- Dispose of deformed, damaged, or leaking batteries immediately regardless of how long they have been stored.
To determine an EI Battery manufacture date, check the serial number from a label on the shipping box.
- If the serial number is 14 characters long, the 7-8th numbers indicate the week of the year and the 9-10th numbers indicate the last two digits of the year.
For example: s/n 6011104223N554 indicates a manufacture date during the 42nd week of 2023 (October 15-21).
- If the serial number is 21 characters long, the 14-15th numbers indicate the last two digits of the year and the 16-17th numbers indicate the week of that year.
For example: s/n 6011105K023492342NN6E indicates a manufacture date during the 42nd week of 2023 (October 15-21).
When manufactured, a battery is charged to a level safe for shipping.