If the grid drops, a generator connected to an EI ATS 200 will be in Auto operation mode. The generator will start running if the battery state-of-charge (SOC) falls below 20% and will stop when the SOC reaches 95%. Any excess generator power not used by loads will charge the battery.
While the grid is down, you can set additional On and Pause operation modes in the EI mobile app:
- In the EI app, open the system with the connected generator and tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Generator Management.
- Select the EI Inverter that controls the generator and tap CONNECT.
- Select a generator mode and tap SAVE:
- Auto (default) – The generator starts if the battery state-of-charge (SOC) falls below 20% and stops when the SOC reaches 95%.
- On – The generator runs continuously to power loads and charge the battery. This mode can help if loads exceed the power available from the solar array and battery.
- Pause – The generator does not run until the Auto or On mode is set. This mode can help if you want some quiet time.
The initial generator operation mode when the grid drops is always Auto. On and Pause modes only take effect if they are set when the grid is down.