The TS4-A-X (TS4-A-F, TS4-A-M, TS4-A-S, TS4-A-O) is Tigo's latest add-on MLPE (Module Level Power Electronics). It features some improvements over the TS4-R, but keeps the same great reliability and compatibility.
The TS4-A, when compared to the TS4-R is
- Completely sealed
- Easier to Install
- Easier to Ship (more units per pallet)
Size and Weight Difference: TS4-A vs TS4-R
- Length: 40 mm / 1.5 inches less
- Width: 18 mm / 3/4 inch less
- Height: 5 mm / 1/4 inch less
- Weight: 180 g / 6.2 oz less
Improved Mounting Method
The TS4-A mounts flush to the module frame. See below.
Since the TS4-A mounts flush to the module frame, it can be mounted directly underneath the racking. This is not possible with the TS4-R. This also enables pre-installation of the TS4-A on modules which are going to be stacked and placed on a pallet.
For shipping, TS4-R: 480 units per pallet, TS4-A: 720 units per pallet.
The TS4-A also has a slightly higher power rating: 500W (TS4-A) vs 475W (TS4-R).
What is the same?
- Cable length and connectors
- Outdoor rating (IP68, NEMA 3R)
- Compatibility and Compliance (with modules, inverters, UL, TUV, RSS)
- Still the most reliable MLPE on the planet!