Congratulations! You're going to be installing your TS4 system!
For all installations, first review the Installation and Safety Manuals for your device, and then ensure your team is clear on the below questions.
Training and Preparation
Any team member involved in installing and/or configuring Tigo equipment should be aware of the basics:
- How is the Tigo system connected?
- TS4 to module
- TS4 to string
- TAP to CCA
- CCA to power supply
- How does the Tigo system communicate?
- TS4 to TAP wireless communication
- TAP to CCA wired communication
- How are the TS4 units installed?
- Connect module leads (short leads) first
- Connect string leads (long leads) last
- This is to avoid exposing the units to high voltage before they are powered up
Go onto step 4 only if you are using TS4-M, S, O or L with monitoring and/or rapid shutdown.
- Commissioning Prep
- As you install your TS4, remove the barcode stickers of each unit and place them on a paper system map
- How are the TAP units installed?
- Installation on module frame
- Installation on racking
- Wire type (4-lead RS-485 comms cable)
- Shielded for installation in conduit with current carrying conductors
- 22 AWG or larger
- How are the CCA units installed?
- Installation in a Tigo enclosure
- Installation in a 3rd party enclosure
- Installation in inverter