If you have changed your WiFi network name (Service Set ID) or password, you will need to change the Wi-Fi configuration settings on your CCA. Otherwise, your CCA will not be able to use your Internet to upload the monitoring data so you can see how your solar panels are producing power.
Note: In order to set your password, use the Tigo SMART App for Android or iPhone.
- Your phone/tablet is connected by Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Low Energy (which has a short-range of distance) so it is best if you are less than 10 feet from the CCA.
1. Start the Tigo SMART phone App. and log in, you will then be viewing your system.
- If you can view more than 1 system, select the system for which you need to change the Wi-Fi configuration on the CCA.
3. Tap on the "Settings," icon (a gear), in the lower right corner of the page shown on the screenshot, below:
4. Tap on "Cloud Connect Settings." as shown in the below screen capture:
5. Connect your phone to the CCA device using either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth (preferred).
Note 1: The preferred method of phone connection is by using your phone's Bluetooth wireless technology. However, in case your CCA does not have its Bluetooth dongle device installed on the USB port, use the CCA Wi-Fi name.
Note 2: If you do not see the CCA's Bluetooth name, or CCA Wi-Fi name, most likely it has been 2 or more hours since the CCA was powered on and connected to a device using the Tigo SMART App.
- To get the CC/CCA names to be broadcast again:
- Power off the CCA
- Wait 5 seconds
- Then power it on.
- To remove power, unplug the AC power outlet power supply.
- If the CCA is installed inside your inverter or uses a direct wired power supply (DIN rail mounted unit), you need to turn off the inverter and CCA by using the Inverter dedicated circuit breaker in the electrical service panel.
- After reconnecting power to the CCA, wait at least 1 minute for CCA to boot up its software.
- Now quit the Tigo SMART App phone application, and restart this procedure at step 1.
6. Tap either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi buttons shown at the top of the following screenshot.
7. After waiting as long as 2 minutes, a list of CCA's your phone/tablet can receive is shown, as in the screenshot below.
- CCA Bluetooth device names start with "CCA" followed by a "-" and 4 numbers or letters.
- These are the last 4 digits of the CCA serial number as shown on the CCA serial number sticker.
- CCA Wi-Fi device names start with "SM-" followed by the CCA serial number (no screenshot in this article).
8. Tap on the CCA name listed such as "CCA-797F", and a green checkmark will appear along with the Next button turning green.
9. Tap on the "Next" button at the bottom of the below screenshot.
10. Tap on "Network" text, as shown in the below screenshot:
The CCA will now scan for all Wi-Fi Routers and Access Points receivable by the CCA, and show their names. This scan for Wi-Fi routers can take a couple of minutes.
11. Once the name of your Wi-Fi router is visible, tap on it to enter the Wi-Fi password.
12. After entering the password, tap on the exclamation mark (!) next to the Wi-Fi name, then tap on "Run Network Test."
- The Network Test checks that all the servers needed can be contacted using the Internet.
13. Once Run Network Test passes, you can exit the Tigo SMART app.
Note 5: Depending on how long the CCA has been disconnected from the Internet and the number of modules in the system, it may be 60 minutes or longer for all previously logged data to upload to Tigo servers, and then be displayed on the Tigo monitoring portal web page for your system.
Note 6: If the CCA has been disconnected from the Internet for too long, the oldest days of data will not be available and the System View, and the day on the summary Calendar will show a gray icon due to Power as zero because reports were discarded to make room for the more recent reports. A residential system can normally be stored for 2 or more weeks before any reports are discarded.