Installing the TS4-F/TS4-A-F is as simple as plug and play. There is a TS4-F Installation Manual on our Guides and Manuals page. That manual will walk you through the components and the installation process for the TS4-F/TS4-A-F units. There is also a TS4-F Troubleshooting Guide on our Guides and Manuals page.
See also our "TS4-F Installation Video".
One TS4-F/TS4-A-F per module.
A Tigo RSS Transmitter or an RSS-integrated inverter with a compatible transmitter. Quantity depends on string size, amount of strings, and total string current. The Tigo RSS Transmitter has a limit per core of 150A, 10 strings, and 30 modules per string.
Tigo RSS Transmitter
First make sure that all the wiring is disconnected and that there is no current flowing through the system. You can then disconnect the module output leads to start connecting the TS4-F/TS4-A-F units. As always, please follow all safety rules and regulations and DO NOT work on an electrical system if you are not a trained professional.
- Connect all the module output leads to the TS4-A-F input leads. Make sure all TS4-A-F are connected to a module before connecting the string in series. You can skip this step if using integrated units.
- Test output voltages before connecting the string. Since the circuit is not complete, you should get 0.6V out of each TS4-F/TS4-A-F unit. If this is not the case, please take a look at our troubleshooting guide, in the link provided above, before proceeding.
- Continue to connect all the output leads together. This will create your string.
- Before connecting the homeruns, get all the positive (+) OR negative (-) leads to pass through the transmitter core. Note that only one polarity should pass through the core. If both polarities are placed through the core, the units may not receive the "keep alive" signal.
- Lastly, connect and power on the Tigo RSS Transmitter. If using an inverter with an integrated transmitter, this may be powered on already.
Since the TS4-F/TS4-A-F units only provide Safety and Rapid Shutdown functions, there is no need to configure anything online. You can enjoy your PV system with added safety. Congratulations!
Please note that the RSS Transmitter needs DC loop continuity before the signal will be properly transmitted to the TS4-F units. This usually means that the home runs need to be connected to the inverter. The inverter may also need to be powered up for this to work properly.
Now that your system is fully equipped with TS4-F/TS4-A-F units, you can run some tests to verify proper function.
- A simple test is power generation. Once everything is installed, you should start seeing power from your inverter. If this is not the case, you likely have a wiring issue and will need to troubleshoot your system.
- When the homeruns are disconnected, you can test the string voltage. You should measure a total of 0.6V*(number of modules in the string).
- Using a clamp meter you can measure the current running through the strings. This should be close to Imp under regular conditions.
If you run across any issues or if you want a more in-depth guide you can find our troubleshooting and installation guides on our Guides and Manuals page.