This article shows how to connect several GoodWe inverters to a Cloud Connect, Cloud Connect Advanced and an inverter integted CCA, and how to set up access to GoodWe Inverters over Modbus using the Tigo SMART Mobile App. 3.1:
Connect the Tigo datalogger (Cloud Connect, Cloud Connect Advanced or integrated CCA Unit) to the GoodWe inverter's RS485 interface in order to monitor your inverter data from the Tigo Asset Management software.
Several inverters can be served by one datalogger. These inverters will be daisy-chained to the RS-485 serial port, so can be other Modbus devices, In the case of an integrated CCA in an inverter, the other inverters are daisy-chained to this first inverter's RS-485 interface.
Once inverters are connected, setting up the inverter monitoring is the next step.
GoodWe inverters with an integrated Tigo CCA are equipped with two serial ports:
- RS-485: Inverters and other Modbus devices (revenue grade meters, weather stations, sensors, etc.)
- Tigo-CCA: TAPs or Gateways
GoodWe inverters support the Modbus RTU protocol. The procedure shown here is similar for all inverters using this protocol. Modbus RTU stands for “Remote Terminal Unit”. RS-485 is a serial data transfer standard.
- From the home page, tap ‘Settings’
- Then tap ‘Edit System’
Set up Equipment
- Go to ‘Select Equipment’
- To enter inverter and module information, tap '+'
- Tap ‘Details’
Set Up Inverter
- Tap ‘Edit’
- Enter inverter and corresponding string and module information
- Tap ‘Save’
- Return to 'Equipment'
- To enter another inverter, tap '+' and repeat the previous steps until all inverters are set up with their strings and corresponding module information
- Tap ‘Save’ after each inverter
Add Inverter to Layout
- Return to ‘Edit System’ home page
- Tap ‘Configure Layout’
- You should see the “Place:” indicator
Place Inverter in Layout
- Tap anywhere on the Layout to place an inverter
- Additional inverters are placed the same way
If you have problems connecting or registering an inverter - especially in the case of an inverter integrated CCA - contact Tigo Technical Support. Have your inverter ModBus address ready (if applicable), and list of parameters you wish to display, and our team will complete the setup so that you can view the inverter readings on your Tigo monitoring portal.
You can contact Tigo Technical Support via email Support@tigoenergy.com or via phone:
Americas: +1.408.402.0802 ext. 2
Have your inverter ModBus address ready (if applicable), and list of parameters you wish to display, and our team will complete the setup so that you can view the inverter readings on your Tigo monitoring portal.