TAP (Tigo Access Point) Gateway
The TAP and Gateway are Tigo's wireless antenna, TAP being the new and improved model. The TAP allows communication between the Cloud Connect Advanced (CCA) and our TS4 optimizers.
The Gateway has a similar function to the TAP. The Gateway is Tigo's legacy wireless antenna.
TAP vs. Gateway:
- Ease of installation:
- TAP has a larger wiring compartment
- TAP has designated CAT 5/6 terminals for easy wiring
- Fewer TAPs are required on a system; easier to install
- TAP doesn't have to be placed in the center of the array
- Time and Money savings:
- Fewer TAPs are required on a system; faster to install, fewer components
- TAP has larger cable glands that fit a larger number of RS485 cables
For instructions on installing either TAP or Gateway, see our Interactive Installation and Safety Manual. For further information on the Gateway, see Gateway Placement, and for information about TAP placement, see TAP Placement.
For more information concerning design and installation using TAP or Gateway, see the articles Determine Number of TAPs/Gateways and Cloud Connects and TAP and Mesh.
See also the article Opening and Closing TAP.