As of July 2016, Tigo Energy produces 5 different smart module covers, TS4 D,M,S,O, and L. Each cover has its own color and identifying features, and the purpose of this article is to highlight all the ways you can identify TS4 hardware.
- TS4-D (grey) - Diode - the most basic of the covers
- TS4-M (blue) - Monitoring - for monitoring modules via the Tigo Smart App and online platform
- TS4-S (red) - Safety - for rapid shut down
- TS4-O (yellow) - Optimization - for string optimization
- TS4-L (green) - Long-String -for 30% longer string lengths.
As you may already know, every subsequent cover in the list above carries all the features of the preceding covers, so TS4-L has every feature Tigo smart module covers have to offer.
The easiest way to identify Tigo TS4 types at a glance is by their colors, as listed above.
UHD-Core TS4s are rated for 475W, earlier TS4s are rated for 375W. You can visually determine if a cover is a UHD-Core TS4 by checking the current rating. The non-UHD-Core TS4s are rated for 10A. The UHD-Core TS4s are rated at 12A. See below.