"Precommissioning" - create Tigo Portal web site prior to installation.
Note: Systems of 50 or fewer panels can be easily created and commissioned using the Tigo SMART Mobile App.
Also see the article, "Commissioning a System with the Tigo SMART website".
For systems consisting of 50 modules or more, we recommend doing system creation using the Tigo SMART Website prior to physical installation.
During physical installation, collect the serial number labels from each MLPE (optimizer) for later entry into the system layout by use of a bar code scanner or the Tigo SMART phone app and the phone's camera.
- 'Real-time' entry of serial numbers can be done using the SMART App, rather than waiting until after installing and collecting all detachable labels. The advantages is each new serial entered will cause an immediate update to the Discovery process, so by completion of physical installation most optimizers will be reporting data to the Tigo Monitoring web site.
Basic information video regarding Tigo SMART Website features for installers, including site set up and configuration.
Document the site:
When creating a large system, use a spreadsheet to describe the string assignments for each inverter, CCA and TAP. For a template file use the attachment "String_CCA_mapping.xlsx".
Collect Serial Numbers!
Site creation requires having the serial numbers of the Cloud Connect Advanced (CCA), and each of the TS4 units. Each Tigo TS4 unit will have serial number labels. When PV module is placed, remove the smaller label.
In this picture, below, collect the small sticker indicated with the red arrow on the right side. Leave the large sticker with the yellow color (indicates TS4 with optimization feature model) attached.
During PV Module installation Create a MLPE placement map:
- This step is done when the physical installation is being performed. This ensures all modules and TS4s will be in an accurately known position.
- Use a piece of paper large enough to place all of bar code stickers without overlapping them on each other
Example of finished paper map created during installation.
Create System on Tigo Website using a web browser
Chrome is the most tested browser used by Tigo.
Entering MLPE/optimizer serial numbers easily:
To quickly and accurately enter serial numbers of MLPE and CCA equipment, use:
- Tigo SMART phone App camera based 'scanner', or
- Computer with USB attached barcode scanner to fill in a spread sheet.
Any barcode scanner will work. All perform the same function and cost $20 to $30 online. The bar code scanners works just like the one used at the grocery store checkout counter..
Start with logging in to your Tigo account by going to https://smart.tigoenergy.com
Create a new user account, at tigoenergy.com
Create a New Site
Click on the text on the upper right of the web page which says '+New System'.
If using a barcode scanner
After you have created the Layout of modules, use the “Uploader” button to download a system specific spread sheet file customize for this system. Fill this in using a bar code scanner, the upload. Do this as shown in the next two screen shots:
Download system specific spread sheet file by clicking Uploader as shown by the red arrow:
Next, choose the spreadsheet file format. Then click on “Download”.
Entering Serial Numbers Using a Bar Code Scanner
What you will need to complete this step:
- Paper map showing bar codes for all modules
- Spreadsheet downloaded from the Tigo portal (see below)
- Bar code scanner
The spreadsheet you downloaded earlier should look like the following.
You can now use a bar code scanner to scan the paper map you made earlier. Plug the scanner into your computer. Click on the spreadsheet cell where you want to start scanning. Aim the scanner at the bar code and pull the trigger. Check that the bar code was entered correctly. The cursor will advance to the next cell automatically, as if you had pressed “Enter” on your keyboard. You can now scan the next unit in sequence.
Once the scanning is done, you can go back into the Tigo portal and upload the completed spreadsheet. See below.
When all barcodes are uploaded, commission your system using the Tigo Smart App.