Please see Tigo Energy’s whitepaper on PV-Safe for a complete description. The code requires that the controlled conductors must be lower than 30V 10-feet from the array within 10 seconds of activation. Should one of the Tigo units fail the voltage of a single module will not cause the controlled conductors to exceed 30V
Articles in this section
- Do Smart Modules and Add-On Optimizers Offer the Same Functionality?
- Can I connect more than one module to a single optimizer input?
- Can I use optimizers with frameless or bi-facial modules?
- Don't bypass diodes reduce the effects of shading? Why are optimizers better?
- Entering optimizer IDs with a bar code scanner
- How are Tigo Optimizers Different from Microinverters?
- How are Tigo Optimizers Different From Other DC-DC Optimizers?
- How do I use a dual optimizer (2ES) on a single module?
- How is the Optimizer Protected in Case of Ground Fault (Positive or Negative to Ground)?
- How long are the leads on Tigo optimizers?