Please see Tigo Energy’s whitepaper on PV-Safe for a complete description. The NEC 2014 code requires that the controlled conductors must be lower than 30V 10-feet from the array within 30 seconds of activation. This requirement was originally 10 seconds, but was changed to 30 seconds to be consistent with the NEC 2017 requirement. Should one of the Tigo units fail the voltage of a single module will not cause the controlled conductors to exceed 30V
Articles in this section
- Application: BOS Savings
- Can I connect more than one module to a single optimizer input?
- Can I use optimizers with frameless or bi-facial modules?
- Cloud Connect/MMU Menu Reference
- Configuring Wi-Fi using Cloud Connect menu buttons
- Do Smart Modules and Add-On Optimizers offer the Same Functionality?
- Don't bypass diodes reduce the effects of shading? Why are optimizers better?
- Entering optimizer IDs with a bar code scanner
- How are Tigo Optimizers Different from Microinverters?
- How are Tigo Optimizers Different From Other DC-DC Optimizers?