Optimizers use an electronic switch instead of a relay. This electronic switch is rated to a voltage that is more than twice the optimizer voltage at maximum power, so it is typically working at low stress. Plus, these electrical switches are very reliable over time and can make many more cycles compared to mechanical relays that eventually wear out.
Articles in this section
- Cloud Connect/MMU Menu Reference
- Configure Wi-Fi Internet access for Cloud Connect
- Configuring Wi-Fi using Cloud Connect menu buttons
- Application: BOS Savings
- Can I connect more than one module to a single optimizer input?
- Can I use optimizers with frameless or bi-facial modules?
- Cloud Connect Overview (legacy)
- Do Smart Modules and Add-On Optimizers offer the Same Functionality?
- Entering optimizer IDs with a bar code scanner
- How are Tigo Optimizers Different from Microinverters?