The number of TAP and Cloud Connect units (CC or CCA) needed for a system is determined by both the number of modules and the size and layout of the installation.
Do I have TAP or Gateway?
TAP is a new iteration on the Tigo Gateway. To determine if you have TAP or Gateway, see below and our article TAP vs Gateway.
TAP (Tigo Access Point) Gateway
TAP vs Gateway: Quick Reference
|TAP & Mesh||Gateway|
|Max number of TS4 units||300||120|
|Max number of TAPs/GWs per CCA||7||7|
|Max number of TS4 units per CCA||900||360|
Determine Number of TAPs
- The maximum number of TS4 units per TAP is 300 (when using the TS4-R-Duo, max number of panels per TAP is 600).
- The maximum number of TAPs per CCA is 7.
- The maximum number of TS4 units per CCA when using TAP is 900 (when using the TS4-R-Duo, max number of panels per CCA is 1,800).
- A TAP can communicate with UHD-Core TS4 that are within a maximum radius of 115ft (35m). If there are TS4 units more than 115ft (35m) away from the TAP, use more than one TAP.
- See our article TAP Placement for more information.
Determine Number of Gateways
The maximum number of Smart Modules per Gateway is 120, and the maximum number of Gateways per Cloud Connect unit is 7. The maximum number of Smart Modules per Cloud Connect unit when using Gateway is 360.
A Gateway can communicate with Smart Modules that are within a maximum radius of 50ft (15m). If the Smart Module is More than 50ft (15m) away from the Gateway, use more than one Gateway.
See our article on Gateway Placement for more information.
Determine the Number of Cloud Connect Units
Note that all modules in the same string must be assigned to the same Cloud Connect unit.
Refer to the Tigo product selection Tool to calculate your actual number of TAP/Gateway and CC or CCA units needed, as well as the maximum number of Smart Modules per string for your inverter.
Cloud Connect units (both CC or CCA) are available as a kit for indoor or outdoor use, refer to the Select Your Cloud Connect Unit article to choose the kit that fits your project.
For instructions on installing either TAP or Gateway, see our Interactive Installation and Safety Manual.
See also the article Opening and Closing TAP.