The number of TAPs and CCAs (Cloud Connect Advanced) needed for a system are determined by both the number of modules and the size and layout of the installation.
Do I have TAP or Gateway?
TAP is a new iteration on the Tigo Gateway. To determine if you have TAP or Gateway, see below and our article TAP vs Gateway.
TAP (Tigo Access Point) Gateway
TAP vs Gateway: Quick Reference
|TAP & Mesh||Gateway|
|Max number of TS4 units||300||120|
|Max number of TAPs/GWs per CCA||7||7|
|Max number of TS4 units per CCA||900||360|
Determine Number of TAPs
- The maximum number of TS4 units per TAP is 300 (when using the TS4-R-Duo, max number of panels per TAP is 600).
- The maximum number of TAPs per Cloud Connect/CCA is 7.
- The maximum number of TS4 units per Cloud Connect/CCA when using TAP is 900 (when using the TS4-R-Duo, max number of panels per CCA is 1,800).
- A TAP can communicate with UHD-Core TS4 that are within a maximum radius of 115ft (35m). If there are TS4 units more than115ft (35m) away from the TAP, use more than one TAP.
- See our article TAP Placement for more information.
Determine Number of Gateways
The maximum number of Smart Modules per Gateway is 120, and the maximum number of Gateways per Cloud Connect is 7. The maximum number of Smart Modules per Cloud Connect when using Gateway is 360.
A Gateway can communicate with Smart Modules that are within a maximum radius of 50ft (15m). If the Smart Module is More than 50ft (15m) away from the Gateway, use more than one Gateway.
See our article on Gateway Placement for more information.
Il numero massimo di unità TS4 per CC/CCA - quando si utilizza il Gateway - è 360.
Determine the Number of CCAs
Note that all modules in the same string must be assigned to the same CCA
Refer to the Tigo product selection Tool to calculate your actual number of Cloud Connects and TAPs/Gateways needed, as well as the maximum number of Smart Modules per string for your inverter.
The Cloud Connect is available as a kit for indoor or outdoor use, refer to the Cloud Connect selection article to choose the kit that fits your project.
Also applies to Cloud Connect Advanced (CCA)
For instructions on installing either TAP or Gateway, see our Interactive Installation and Safety Manual.
See also the article Opening and Closing TAP.