- Phase Imbalance
- Maximum Power Imbalance Ratios
- Advantage of Imbalance
- How to Change Imbalance Setting
The three-phase Tigo EI Inverter enables the installer to have options for Phase Imbalance within the inverter's settings. This controls how the inverter divides power across the phases. You can choose to Disable or Enable the Phase Imbalanced setting:
- Disable Imbalance (default setting) – Power is divided equally across all phases.
- Enable Imbalance – Power is divided according to the loads connected with each phase.
Maximum Power Imbalance Ratios
The maximum power imbalance ratios for Tigo EI Inverters (EU) are:
|EI Inverter Model||Nominal AC Power||Maximum Power per Phase (imbalance ratio)|
Advantage of Imbalance
In zero export locations, enabling imbalanced power output may result in lower energy costs. In the example below, a TSI-10K3D inverter responds to a 5kW load that is isolated on one phase.
- With Imbalance disabled, the net grid usage (cost) is 3.33kW.
- With Imbalance enabled, the net grid usage (cost) is 0kW.
How to Change Imbalance Setting
You may change the Tigo EI Inverter's settings, only if permitted by local grid codes. Remember to always check with your AHJ (authority having jurisdiction), regarding local requirements before making any adjustments to your system.
To change the Phase Imbalanced setting:
- On the inverter control panel, turn the inverter On.
- Press Enter (the right-most button), select Settings, and enter your password (default = 2014).
- Scroll to select Advanced Settings > Phase Power Balance > Phase Imbalanced and select Enable or Disable.