This article provides instructions on how to do the Create and Edit System - Using the EI App step when commissioning a Tigo TS4 system.
Create and Edit System - Using EI App (Mobile)
Create and Edit System - Using EI Portal (Desktop)
Configure Communication (Network and Start Discovery)
If your system is 50 units or more, it is recommended you Create and Edit System - Using the EI Portal (Desktop), instead of the EI App.
Create and Edit System (Using EI App)
- Setup and Monitor (video)
- Create a New System
- Enter Site Info
- Select Equipment
- Configure Layout
- Next Steps
Watch Setup and Monitor (Video)
The video below walks you through the process of creating and editing a Tigo system using the Tigo Energy Intelligence (EI) App.
Note: The video refers to installations.tigoenergy.com. Tigo has renamed the EI portal to ei.tigoenergy.com.
Create a New System
Before creating a new System, install and open the Tigo Energy Intelligence App on your cell or tablet. For full installation instructions, see Install Tigo Energy Intelligence (EI) App.
Start a new system build by pressing the + symbol (top right)
Checking Bluetooth and Location Permissions
- Location Access Granted - Press NEXT button (bottom)
Note: To service or monitor an existing system, simply press any system (in the list).
Enter Site Info
In this section, you will enter all of the pertinent information about the system, like name, address and planned turn-on date (for system deployment to customer).
- Press System Name, to type in new name
Press Planned Turn On Date to select date
Press Advanced Options arrow to set any other parameters
- Press CONFIRM to confirm System Address or press CANCEL to enter a new address
- Press CREATE -> button (bottom) to confirm
- If System Info is valid, a green checkmark √ will appear
Press System Info to confirm accuracy or make corrections
- Press EDIT Button(s) to make corrections within the sections
When complete, press the Back Arrow button to return (upper left corner)
In this section, you will be adding and assigning the new CCA, Strings, PV Modules and Inverters to the System.
Add Cloud Connect Advanced (CCA):
- Press Select Equipment
- Press the green bubble to add equipment
- Select Add to enter the new CCA information
- Select Cloud Connect Advanced - (CCA) at bottom menu
- Enter Name
Enter Serial, (or press SCAN button to open camera and scan CCA bar code)
Enter Number of TAPs for system
Press ADD button (bottom)
Note: When using the SCAN function, select Allow to let the Tigo app access the device's camera. Position the device camera, so that the sticker fills the center screen (on red scan line).
- Press SAVE to return to System Equipment
For multiple CCA systems: Enter a unique name for each CCA, like a physical location (Garage) or what it manages (strings, inverter, etc). This can help future installers or site owners locate the correct CCA in the system.
- Number of TAPs: Accuracy is important! If the Number of TAPs is incorrect, the Discovery will not proceed. Entry of Serial Numbers for the TAPs is not needed, as the TAPs automatically communicate (via wiring) with the CCA.
Add Inverters & PV Modules:
Select the green bubble and choose Add
- Choose Inverter and PV Modules
Name Inverter and add Manufacturer and Model of Inverter and PV Modules
Add the Number of Strings (associated per MPPT) and how many Panels per String
(*check Uneven Strings box if length or number of Panels per parallel strings is not equal)
Press SAVE button (bottom) to return to System Equipment
For multiple Inverter systems: Enter a unique name for each Inverter, like a physical location (ie., southwest roof) or what it manages (strings, inverter, etc). This can help future installers or site owners identify the correct Inverter in the system.
- When selecting Inverter or PV Module: If the Make or Model is not available on the list(s), press the + sign at the top right corner to add a new item.
- Enter the Name and press SAVE when complete.
Note: Newly added equipment listings will be private to this system (only), until they have been verified by Tigo Staff.
Add Meters and Sensors:
To add meters and sensors, see: How-To: Setup and Monitor Modbus Connected Devices including Inverters, Meters & Sensors.
After you have completed System Equipment, select the Back Arrow (upper left corner) to return to My System. The Select Equipment option will now show a green checkmark √.
- Select Configure Layout
- Layout shows an empty grid with a Toolbox (top) and an Equipment Selector (bottom)
The symbols in the Equipment Selector, represent the items that you will be placing on the grid. Select the correct symbol and press on the grid, to place the item.
Once all of the equipment has been placed on the grid, select the Arrow Symbol (top left of toolbox) and press-and-drag an item, to move it:
When placing PV modules: the Tigo EI App places items in a linear fashion. After you place Module A1, the A2 Module will automatically be next (when pressing on the grid). Do this until all of the A string modules are placed, and then the B String modules will automatically be the next available item(s). Repeat until all modules from all strings are placed on grid.
It is essential to place the modules on the Layout screen as they appear in the physical layout.
An accurate site map enables understanding of shading effects on production and energy recovery. This also assists future maintenance activities requiring accurate physical location of Tigo MLPE's.
After all the PV modules have been placed, the next steps involve entering (or scanning) the serial numbers for all of the Tigo MLPE units on the system.
- Choose the Scan selection button (lower right)
- Press on a PV Module. The app will automatically zoom in to that location and offer the Module Entry Field at the bottom of the page.
- Select Module Entry Field (bottom) to type the serial number, or press the Serial button to open the camera and scan the MLPE's label.
🏆 Pro Tip: The Serial button feature is the quickest way to add units, while on the job site. Simply press the Serial button to open the camera, and you can auto-scan each label as they come out of the box, or as you have them racked in sequence.
After a serial number is entered (or scanned), the App will automatically proceed to the next PV Module in the string. You may change or delete a serial number by pressing on the desired PV Module, and entering a new serial or selecting the red trash icon .
After you have entered all the MLPE serial numbers, press the Back Arrow symbol (upper left corner) to return to My System. When complete, Configure Layout will show a Checkmark √.
This completes the Create and Edit System step of the commissioning process.
When on-site, continue to configure communication (network and start discovery):
Configure Communication (Network and Start Discovery)