For PV plants over 50 PV modules:
System creation of PV module layout prior to installation is recommended. See this article describing the process of system creation in general, and in specific using the Tigo website with a web browser: https://support.tigoenergy.com/hc/en-us/articles/205941728
Version 3.1 supports Bluetooth connection from phone to CCA, in addition to Wi-Fi based connection.
- Connecting to a CCA using Bluetooth eliminates configuring the phone Wi-Fi repeatedly during setup and viewing Tigo Portal when App device is not using cellular mobile data for Internet access.
Serial Number entry using phone's camera
The app can use device camera as a bar-code 'scanner', by taking a picture of the serial number label on CCA and MLPE optimizers. Serial number entry is required for all CCA and MLPE Tigo equipment used for monitoring production.
Configure display of Inverter, Meter, and Weather Station, etc. data.
CCA can collect and upload third party equipment data for display on the Tigo web portal. See "Set up Inverters, Meters & Sensors".
New Ver 3.1 Page selection Navigation Bar
There is a new page selection/navigation design. The nav. bar is across the bottom of the screen. The area indicated by the red arrow in the below screen shot, is pointing at the Systems button. Tap to view the system on the Tigo web portal.
Tap the Settings button to edit an existing system, including Internet access when the Wi-Fi access point used for Cloud Connect internet service has changed.
Login Page: Fresh looking graphical interface
The app has a new look and feel and a more modern interface.
User Account creation
Create a new user right from the app - no need to go online via the full website.
Via a button on the login page you can send your feedback, questions, and comments to Tigo from within the app.
Other new for 3.1 features:
Overview page shows some meteorological information such as temperature and weather forecast.
We have also added different User Types to the app. For example, if you are a homeowner, you will be able to see information about your system, and not have to worry about seeing information about installation that may not be relevant to you. Similarly, if you are an installer, you will have access to additional options, some of which are listed below.
Sites are now classified by 3 states of readiness:
- Pending state: System not completed all the commissioning/installation steps.
- Ready state: Ready for full operation with a future scheduled date of production with Permission To Operate.
- Active state: Installation and testing completed, and have Permission To Operate.
Improved User Experience
This version of the App is designed be easier to use than ever before.
We appreciate all suggestions for changes!
Please tell us if you have an idea or suggestion regarding Tigo Energy products. This App has a Feed back feature on the App configuration menu.
How-To Use the APP
Introduction to Tigo SMART App 3.0 Video
This video highlights some of the features from the Tigo Smart App version 3.0. This video is also useful for App version 3.1.
For detailed App usage see Create and Edit System article at https://support.tigoenergy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009984708
Using the Tigo SMART app smart phone application, perform the following steps:
- Specify equipment:
- PV module/solar-panel manufacturer, model and quantity.
- Inverter model.
- Number of strings and Mppt connections.
- Create PV module physical layout:
- Enter MLPE serial numbers by using phone camera. No typing!
- Configure Internet access:
- All systems accessible by your account are shown on a road map.
- Click a 'leaf' symbol to view a specific system.
- Find systems by Site Name or Site ID number.
- Name is easier to recall, than a number.
- If the name is not known, physical location might be helpful.
- The initial map displayed is centered on your phone's location
- App must be granted Location access permission.
- Location information access permission can be changed using the App at anytime.
After logging in, you will be presented with an "All Systems" page, which shows systems accessible by the currently logged-in user account. This list may be searched. Listed Systems can be restricted to specific operational Status of Active, Pending or Ready.